The program is a collaborative partnership working to establish a replicable academic - community service model that:
· Provides workforce development opportunities and hands on experience in population health for undergraduate and graduate students
· Expands street-level physical and mental health care, education and outreach opportunities to communities within our state that are in need of healthcare services
· Addresses social determinants of health through new and innovative programs, drawing from cross college and university engagement
· Promotes health and wellness in the workplace, educational and community settings
· Provides an opportunity for data collection and research and evaluation to continuously improve and sustain these efforts
This is a pilot program and will be evaluated on an ongoing basis to determine future extension and sustainability of the model.